System Planning and Research Manager
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
- Supervise the Head of Demand Forecasting, Head of Generation & Network Planning, Head of Integrated Resource & Resiliency Units and Confidential Secretary to ensure administrative, technical and financial management procedures are established and adhered to.
- Administer efficiently; the daily and planned activities, resources of the Department, within the framework of the Safety and Health Regulations of Guyana Power & Light Inc.
- Prepare and submit monthly departmental reports on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other achievements, inclusive of highlighting areas for improvements and the necessary resources, within the statutory time schedule.
- Prepare and/or approve acquisition of resources to continuously support the efficient and effective administrative and technical operations of the Department.
- Orient, mentor, and coach direct reports and other department staff to aid in their development of special knowledge and job skill sets, within the framework of the Divisional Business Plan.
- Perform gap assessment(s) of human resource capacity and identify suitable learning and development resource(s) and plan(s) to improve the individual and overall performance of the Department, within the framework of the Divisional Business Plan.
- Prepare annual operational and capital budgets, and monitoring of all expenditures to ensure conformity with budget guidelines.
- Administer and dispense industrial discipline in keeping with the Company’s Disciplinary Policy/Procedure.
- Enforce strict compliance with the requirements of the Safety and Health Legislation, Regulations and Contractual/Work Agreement obligations.
- Ensure the working environment or area under control, inclusive of mobile assets belonging to the company, are hygienic and safe for staff accommodation and use.
- Investigate and submit written recommendations concerning infractions of Safety and Health Legislation, Regulations and Contractual/Work agreement obligations.
- Perform semi-annual staff performance appraisal as per statutory requirements/guidelines of the Performance Management System (PMS).
- Coordinate with Governmental and Non-Governmental Stakeholders for data collection and updating of the Development and Expansion Programme and/or Integrated Resource and Resilience Plan, where applicable as per GPL License to Provide Electric Services.
- Oversee the development/updating and implementation of effective load forecasting methods.
- Develop sustainable renewable energy grid integration plans for small to utility-scale renewable energy systems.
- Supervise the evaluation of plant performance and determine the usefulness of generating facilities against the backdrop of operating with a cheaper fuel or the need for a plant retirement schedule.
- Administer relevant procedures to determine the technically and economically optimised generation mix for the electricity sector, using indigenous and non- indigenous resources, to de-risk the power system of fossil fuel price volatility and improving the affordability of the cost of electricity to customers.
- Manage the development and completion of all technical and economic feasibility and, environmental and social impact studies for sustainable power system expansions.
- Administer the Bid Evaluation process for generation candidates; renewable and non-renewable within the framework of the Company’s SUCCESS (Quality of Service, Up-time, Coverage, Compliance, Efficiency, Safety & Security and Sustainability), and GPL License to Provide Electric Services.
- Prepare Bankable Project Documents in support of Expansion Projects.
- Assist in the process of securing finance for Expansion Projects.
- Administer the implementation of Generation, Transmission and Primary Distribution Plans, and engage with relevant stakeholders at the initial stage and throughout the execution phases of all power system expansion projects.
- Coordinate and supervise works concerning technical loss assessment studies.
- Perform other duties that are pertinent to the objectives of the Divisional Business Plan and to support the Company’s Corporate Strategic Plan, as assigned by or through the Divisional Director – Engineering Services.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent Academic Qualifications from a recognised University and a minimum of five (5) years’ utility experience with a proven track record, which must be at a Managerial level in a Utility Company.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent Academic Qualifications from a recognised University and a minimum of ten (10) years utility experience with a proven track record, which must be at a Managerial level in a Utility Company.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Divisional Director – Human Resources, 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown or email: email@example.com no later than September 14, 2020.