Purchasing Supervisor- Local – Procurement Department – Main Street
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Purchasing Supervisor– Local within the Procurement Department, Main Street.
Under the direction of the Procurement Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for efficiently procuring local goods and services.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Comply with all relevant Processes, Laws and Policies for the procurement of goods and services and recommend any improvement to all Internally Controlled Procedures.
- Adheres to the department and Tender Board’s regulations and procedures.
- Request where necessary that the user department verifies that the items to be procured meet the desired specification/s of the end user.
- Receives and checks requisition for purchase of items for quantity, specification and supplier in keeping with specification.
- Issues quotation requests, receives and records quotations from potential suppliers and issue to user department for evaluation.
- Expedite all approved Purchase Orders and maintain a follow up system to ensure prompt delivery and payment at the right time.
- Review submissions for Management Tender Committee/Tender Board on all items that have reached the required amount.
- Arrange cash advances whenever and wherever required and verify that all advances are cleared in the required time.
- Check all invoices are accurately prepared with the relevant support documentation and submit along with Goods Acceptance Note/Goods Receive Note for payment.
- Sign for an uplift cheques to effect the necessary advance payments for material and services required.
- Prepare and maintain statistical and other reports as requested by Procurement Officer or Procurement Manager.
- Facilitate bi-annual suppliers’ evaluation.
- Orient, mentor, coach direct reports and where required take necessary steps to improve poor work performance.
- Prepare required Performance Plan.
- Inject all efforts to achieve Key Performance Indicators set out in your Performance Plan.
- Comply with all Occupational Safety and Health procedures and legislation.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Proficient with most Microsoft office applications
- Supervisory Skills
- Knowledge of Procurement Management Software
- Exemplary Customer Service Skills, including dealing efficiently with the public
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to deliver consistent performance
- Conversant with the Standard Terms and Conditions of Electric Services, Electricity Sector Reform Act, GPL’s License and National Procurement Act
- Knowledge of Contract Law in its application to purchase process
- Knowledge of local and foreign purchase using Guyana Revenue Authority requirements
Required Qualifications and Experience
Degree in Business/Public Management from the University of Guyana plus certificates in Computer Studies with three (3) years relevant experience.
Diploma in Public Management or Accountancy from University of Guyana or its’ equivalent from an Accredited Institution plus certificates in Computer Studies with at least five (5) years’ relevant experience
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be addressed and submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Friday, June 3, 2022.