Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results oriented professionals who are interested in joining our Team.
In this regard, the Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applicants with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Program Manager – within the Major Projects Department – Middle Street, Georgetown.
The incumbent will be responsible for leading the staff and managing the assets and activities of the Major Projects Department. Under the direction of the Divisional Director – Engineering Services to initiate, plan, design, execute, monitor & control and close projects in keeping with the Divisional Business Plan, while complying with ISO 9001 Quality Management System, GPL’s Performance Management System (PMS), and the other policies and management systems of the Company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Continuously monitor and review the achievements/performance of the Major Projects Department against monthly and quarterly goals. Identification of risks and taking appropriate actions to mitigate risks.
- Conduct monthly site visits of projects being executed.
- Supervise the performance of the department staff and take appropriate actions that embrace and enhance continuous improvement of all staff.
- Regularly report on the performance of the Major Projects Department as it is relates to task, employees, Performance Management System, and Quality Management System.
- Facilitate the training of Department’s staff to develop required job skills.
- Ensure subordinates compliance with Company Rules and Regulations and initiate disciplinary actions in keeping with Company’s Rules of Conduct.
- Administer and dispense discipline in keeping with the Disciplinary Policy/Procedure.
- Enforce strict compliance with the requirements of the safety and health regulations and contractual obligations.
- Ensure that the environment and area under control is kept clean and tidy.
- Promptly investigate and make recommendations through written reports with respect to infractions of Safety and Health regulations.
- Conducts continuous assessment and monitoring of staff work performance and development, and taking steps to correct poor work performance.
- Conduct monthly progress meetings.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Technical/ Functional Competencies
- Use of Microsoft Projects and Auto CAD
- Knowledge and ability to perform project works
- Knowledge of design techniques and principles
- Be conversant with relevant law, and regulations of Guyana and GPL policies and rules
- Be conversant with the Safety Act and GPL Safety Handbook
- Conversant with ISO 9001 Quality Management System
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizing skills
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from the University of Guyana or its equivalent from an accredited institution with five (5) years relevant experience which must be at a Managerial level in a Utility company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from the University of Guyana or its equivalent from an accredited institution with ten (10) years relevant experience which must be at a Managerial level in a Utility company.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street or at firstname.lastname@example.org, Georgetown not later than Thursday, November 24, 2022.