Meter Readers – Contract
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Meter Readers (CONTRACT), which exist within the Customer Services Department – Main Street, Georgetown.
Under the direction and control of the Supervisor, the incumbent will directly be responsible for the reading of Energy Meters and taking notes of any irregularities or inaccuracies encountered within a specified area also to deliver a high quality of service to our customers and be responsible for the following duties:
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB
- Read all Meters given in the cycle accurately and enter the data into the Handheld Units and Meter Sheets immediately.
- Ensure work is executed in the stipulated period, authorized by the Senior Meter Reader.
- Report on all irregularities found (Defective, Meter Taken Off, Cannot Find, Meter Read, and Not Reads).
- Comply with and be knowledgeable of procedures & policies of the company, division and department
- Adhere to all safety procedures & regulations.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment from an Authorized Officer.
- Thorough knowledge of geographic locations.
- Ability to present legible written reports.
- Ability to make simple and accurate mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of company operations, license and standard terms and conditions.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Four (4) subjects Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) inclusive of English Language and Mathematics Grades (I-III) with at least one (1) year relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than February 11, 2022.