Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
We’re excited to announce the search for results oriented and motivated Meter Readers (Contract) to join our team at the BARTICA & ANNA REGINA (ESSEQUIBO) and BERBICE Locations.
Interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience are invited to apply for the position
SUMMARY: Reading of Energy Meters and taking notes of any irregularities or inaccuracies encountered within a specified area also to deliver a high quality of service to our customers and be responsible for the following duties:
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB
- Read all Meters given in the cycle accurately and enter the data into the Handheld Units and/or Meter Sheets immediately.
- Ensure work is executed in the stipulated period, authorized by the Senior Meter Reader.
- Report on all irregularities found (Defective, Meter Taken Off, Cannot Find, Meter Read, and Not Reads).
- Comply with and be knowledgeable of procedures & policies of the company, division and department
- Adhere to all safety procedures & regulations.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Thorough knowledge of geography locations.
- Ability to present legible written report.
- Ability to make simple and accurate mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of company operations, license and standard terms and conditions.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Three (3) subjects Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) inclusive of English Language or Mathematics Grades (I-III) with at least one (1) year relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to reach the Senior Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street or by email firstname.lastname@example.org, Georgetown not later than February 29, 2024.