Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Meter Reader, which exist within the Customer Services Department – New Amsterdam.
Under the direction and control of the Customer Services Officer and or Supervisor, the incumbent will directly responsible for reading of Energy Meters and taking notes of any irregularities or inaccuracies encountered within a specified area also to deliver a high quality of service to our customers and be responsible for the following duties.
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB
- Read all meters on a specified walk.
- Report any irregularities encountered.
- Re-read meters on the instruction of the Supervisor.
- Assist the Senior Meter Reader in carrying out surveys when necessary.
- Submit written or oral reports for:-
- Meters listed in the incorrect place.
- Incorrect Meter Number.
- Inactive meters being active.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Four (4) subjects C.X.C or C.S.E.C (Grades 1-3) inclusive of English Language and Mathematics.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than October 11, 2019.