Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
Terms of Reference
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of a Meter Reader, which exists within the Customer Services Department, West Demerara.
Under the direction and control of the Supervisor, the incumbent will be directly responsible for the reading of Energy Meters and taking notes of any irregularities or inaccuracies encountered within a specified area. Also, the incumbent is expected to deliver a high quality of customer service while in the fields.
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB:
- Assist with the preparation of invoices and spreadsheets for payment of contract meter readers.
- Assist with monitoring meter reading activities for contracted Meter Readers in accordance with billing schedule.
- Report on all irregularities found (defective, Meter Taken Off, cannot find, meter read, not reads)
- Verify meters are in the correct cycle and walk order through folios.
- Assist to prepare Meter Reading Reports (Production Reports).
- Retrieve readings for all Maximum Demand and Non Maximum Demand Meters in a timely manner for all cycles within designated area.
- Distribute all Maximum Demand Bills in a timely manner.
- Conduct field investigations for New Services and Change of Tenancy in a timely manner.
- Conduct surveys based on requests by senior management.
- Comply with and be knowledgeable of procedures & policies of the company, Division and Department.
- Adhere to all safety procedures & regulations.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Four (4) C.S.E.C, subjects inclusive of English Language and Mathematics, plus a certificate in Computer Studies, with three (3) years’ relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than February 28, 2020.