Maintenance Technician – within the Diesel Generation Department – Canefield, Berbice and Anna Regina, Essequibo
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant positions of Maintenance Technician – within the Diesel Generation Department – Canefield Berbice and Anna Regina, Essequibo Locations.
Under the general direction of the MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR /TECHNICIAN 1, the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out repairs and maintenance to the generating units and auxiliaries under supervision to sustain generation capability.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Assist in carrying out Schedule or Unscheduled overhauls to generating units and auxiliaries.
- Assist in carrying out all tasks required for routine maintenance example: 500, 1000, 3,000 services and other related services.
- Assist in carrying out repairs to generating units and its auxiliary’s example: turbo charges exhaust manifold systems fuel, air, water and lube oil systems.
- Carry out operational duties of the plant and equipment.
- Adhere to the company’s safety rules and practices; also be knowledgeable of the department’s procedures.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Knowledge of basic engine and auxiliaries’ parameters example: J/W, lube oil, main bearing, cylinder exhaust and its associated pressures and temperatures.
- Familiar with the requirements and needs for good preventative maintenance.
- Ability to handle protective devices to meet system requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Familiar with Electrical Safety Codes.
- A high awareness of Safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times.
- Must have drive and determination
- High level of Commitment
- Team Oriented
- Comply with the Company safety rules and environmental practices that govern the operations of equipment and surroundings.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Technician Course in Mechanical Engineering Government /Essequibo Technical Institute, with at least one (1) year’s relevant experience.
Apprenticeship Training in Mechanical Discipline or Diesel Generation one (1) year technician’s programme with at least two (2) years relevant experience.
Four (4) subjects C.S.E.C. /C.A.P.E. including Mathematics, English A and Industrial Technology with at least three (3) years relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be addressed and submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Thursday, March 24, 2022.