Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the impending vacancy of Maintenance Supervisor within the Diesel Generation Department, Anna Regina.
Under the general supervision of Generation Engineer, Essequibo, the incumbent will be responsible for the efficient mechanical and electrical maintenance of the plant and auxiliaries in accordance with the manufacturer specifications.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Issue instructions to direct reports and supervise all types of mechanical and electrical maintenance works associated with the Power Station and Maintenance Workshop. This includes but is not limited to; stationery diesel engine and alternators, portable diesel engine and auxiliary (pumps, compressors, purifiers, general mechanical workshop practice, welding, fabrication etc.).
- Read Blue Prints and Issue instructions to Direct Reports to start and shut down operation on all items of plant and equipment in accordance with standing instructions and operational practices.
- Ensure all staff observe standing safety codes of conduct and make regular thorough checks on the performance and conditions of all items of running plant and equipment entrusted in the care of maintenance personnel in order to ensure that the best operating conditions are maintained.
- Ensure corrective action is taken on maintenance work of the plant and equipment as necessary and report accurately to the Operation and Maintenance Superintendent any defects experienced while on duty and outside the scope of your ability to correct.
- Run regular and thorough checks on readings logged and examine any abnormalities and take corrective action where necessary. Also perform periodical peak pressure tests and crank shaft deflections.
- Ensure standing work permit and fault cards are issued before any type of Maintenance work is done to the Plant and equipment; and after inspection, ensure same is properly isolated and safe to proceed.
- Supervise the top and major overhauls according to the Original Equipment Manufacturer specifications.
- Ensure that all daily, weekly, monthly routine maintenance activities are carried out as per schedule.
- Examine along with Operations and Maintenance Superintendent or Diesel Generation Engineer all plant or equipment after release from maintenance to see that satisfactory conditions exist for safe operations.
- Exercise effective discipline over direct reports in keeping with the Company’s Rules and Regulations.
- Assist in setting performance targets, evaluating performances and identifying training needs of employees.
- Enforce strict compliance with the requirements of the safety and health legislation, regulations and contractual obligations.
- Ensure that the environment and area under control is kept clean and tidy.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering from the University of Guyana, with five (5) years’ relevant experience.
Technicians’ Diploma in Mechanical/ Engineering from GTI/ETI/NATI plus five(5) CSEC or GCE ‘O’ Level subjects inclusive of English Language and Mathematics (Grades I-III passes), with ten (10) years’ relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than February 03, 2020.