Legal Clerk – Legal Unit – Duke Street, Kingston.
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacancy of Legal Clerk – Legal Unit – Duke Street, Kingston.
Under the general supervision of the Legal Officer I, the incumbent will be responsible for the clerical duties, which entails the processing and filing of various legal documents.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Receive and file documents and other vital records; maintain all files and case correspondences as keeper of files and records.
- Responsible for preparing a variety of legal documents such as briefs and pleadings, in addition to standard office correspondence.
- Ensure documents are properly sworn, filed and served and a service report is prepared immediately after same, which documents matters served and matters yet to be served together with the reason(s) for the failure to serve if any.
- Stamp all incoming documents with the date and time of receipt and document same in the book provided for so doing;
- Copy and keep a record of all outgoing mails/documents in the book provided for so doing;
- Deliver and pick up urgent mails from Attorneys.
- Ensure proper filing and documenting of Court Matters.
- Attend Court and maintain records of proceedings and important dates;
- Peruse the Official Gazette for names of defaulting customers, prepare, and file Notice of Opposition to the passing of Transport and mortgages by those customers.
- Update and maintain the databases of the Legal Department.
- Ensure Department has adequate stationery and supplies and prepare requests to replenish supplies when necessary.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Knowledge of the operations of the various Courts Registries in Guyana
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Responsible and able to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Tuesday, December 07, 2021.