Junior Audit Technician – Internal Audit Department
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power and Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Junior Audit Technician within the Internal Audit Department – Duke Street.
Under the general direction of the Internal Audit Supervisor – Technical, the incumbent will be responsible for checking internal control systems and procedures for the Company’s Operations (T&D, Metering and Diesel Generation) in order to detect control deficiencies and weaknesses and recommend appropriate solutions. Assist in carrying out investigations of both internal and external theft of the Company’s property.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Assist Internal Audit Supervisor in ensuring GPL accomplishes its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of its T&D, Metering and Diesel Generation Operations.
- Assist in implementing audit plans and programs to routinely evaluate controls for the Company’s Operation: Transmission & Distribution, System planning & Design, System Control & Engineering Services, Metering and Diesel Generation.
- Conduct periodic and ongoing audit checks and verifications of all records, documents and systems to ensure compliance with established accounting standards, procedures and internal controls
- Conduct checks and verification of Single-Phase Metering associated circuitry to ensure accuracy, legality and adherence to standards and procedures.
- Assist in conducting checks and verification of all overhaul and repairs to the Company’s electrical Motors, alternators and related circuitry
- Assist in conduct checks and verification of all generation meters at Power Stations operated by GPL.
- Assist in carrying out field inspections to effectively execute investigations.
- Require travel out of town (at short notice) for the purposes T&D, metering and generation checks and investigation.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all information arising out of each investigation and all matters within the Operations Division.
- Promote the sharing of practices across the Company.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Thorough knowledge of principles as it relates to T & D Systems, Metering Installation and Diesel Generations Operations
- Computer Literacy
- Ability to work and think independently
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality
- High level of proficiency in problem-solving related to increased operating efficiency
- Ability to establish and maintain a good working relationship
Required Qualifications and Experience
JOB SPECIFICATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ordinary Technical Diploma in Electrical Engineering from the Government Technical Institute plus five (5) subjects CSEC including Mathematics, English Language, Accounts and Physics with two (2) years relevant experience in Network/Diesel Generation Operations/Auditing.
2. Technician’s Certificate in Electrical Engineering (Part 11) plus five (5) subjects CSEC including Mathematics & English Language with four (4) years relevant experience in Network/Diesel Generation Operations/Auditing.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than July 16, 2021.