Junior Audit Clerk – Internal Audit Department
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Junior Audit Clerk within the Internal Audit Department – Duke Street.
Under the general direction of the Internal Audit Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible to
carry out audit assigned in accordance with approved audit plans and programs.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Carry out periodical and ongoing internal audit checks and verifications of all records, documents and systems to ensure compliance with established accounting Standard, procedures and internal control.
- Conduct internal audit of the various operating system activities to ensure the following:
- Accuracy of input and output data to the related reports
- Adequacy of computer application and general controls.
- Carrying out of surprise cash count and the monitoring of the fuel dips at the various locations.
- Assist with the verification of the Company’s Assets.
- Assist with the retrieving of data from CIS, Oracle and Prepaid, prepare and run reports as requested
- Filed all documents and reports for future references.
- Attend training courses conducted by the Internal Audit Division or the company.
- Take instructions as to the manner in which audit should be conducted.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information arising out of each audit, and all matters within the Internal Audit Division.
- Required to carry out audits at various GPL locations (at short notice).
- Must be professional in your conduct.
- Practiced safe work habits to ensure safety.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Good Interpersonal Skill
- Must be able to use logic and reasoning to solve problems
- Ability to do critical thinking
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Must have mathematical abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationship
- Excellent interpersonal and customer oriented skills
- Ability to proof read giving attention to details
Required Qualifications and Experience
Five (5) subjects C.X.C. inclusive of Mathematics and English Language Grades(I-II) and Certificate Accounting Technician (CAT) level II or its’ equivalent with at least one (1) year related audit experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than January 28, 2022.