Janitor – Diesel Generation Department – Anna Regina, Essequibo Coast
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Janitor within the Diesel Generation Department – Anna Regina, Essequibo Coast.
Under the general direction of the Diesel Generation Engineer, the incumbent will be responsible for the general housekeeping of the Anna Regina Power Station Compound.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the drains and floor of the Power Station.
- Assist with the removal of accumulated sludge from the sludge tank at Power Station.
- Responsible for cleanliness of the Power Station, Stores and surrounding compound, which includes maintaining the grass in the compound at an acceptable level.
- Assist the expeditor with the transportation of major spares eg. Spools of wire, drums of lube oil, major mechanical components from the Central Stores, Georgetown to Anna Regina Location.
- Clean all washrooms/toilet facilities at the Anna Regina Power Station.
- Carry out tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Adhere to the Safety Rules of the Company.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Good Interpersonal Skill
- Must be able to use logic and reasoning to solve problems
- Ability to do critical thinking
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Must have mathematical abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationship
- Excellent interpersonal and customer oriented skills
- Ability to proof read giving attention to details
Required Qualifications and Experience
Sound Secondary Education with at least two (2) years relevant experience also must be physical fit and able-body.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than February 07, 2022.