Investigators – Field Services Department – Sheriff Street, Georgetown
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results oriented professionals who are interested in joining our Team. In this regard, the Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applicants with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Investigators – Field Services Department – Sheriff Street, Georgetown.
Under the general direction of the Senior Investigator/Chief Security Officer., the incumbent will be responsible to conduct internal and external investigations of theft of company properties and to monitor exercises in relation to electricity theft and illegal reconnections and also provide security assistance Re: Fuel Oversight.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Carry out detailed investigations regarding illegal acts allegedly committed by customers and employees.
- Carry out detailed investigations regarding illegal acts allegedly committed by GPL’s Disconnection Contractors.
- Carry out field inspections to effectively execute investigations as required in points 1&2.
- Conduct /assist in carrying out unexpected special investigations.
- Require travelling out of town (at short notice) for the purpose of conducting investigations.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information arising out of each investigation and all matters within the Fraud Unit.
- Conduct yourself in the most appropriate manner to the equivalent of a professional investigator.
- Assist in security activities before, during and after the discharge of Heavy Fuel Oil at relevant locations, Re: Fuel Oversight duties.
- Submit timely reports on all areas of activities identified above and make appropriate recommendations on investigations carried out.
- Attend and participate in training that Management may require.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an authorized officer.
- Must have the ability to conduct impartial investigations
- Must possess acceptable Interviewing Technique
- Must be able to communicate well (verbally & in writing) with good listening Skills
- Must possess analytical skills
Required Qualifications and Experience
Three subjects CXC/CSEC inclusive of Mathematics and English Language plus Five (5) years’ relevant experience in the Guyana Police Force’s Criminal Investigative Department.
Salary is on the Junior Staff Level: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Wednesday, March 08, 2023.