Inventory Officer – Inventory Department – Main Street
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Inventory Officer within the Inventory Department – Main Street Georgetown.
Under the general direction of the Inventory Manager, the incumbent is responsible for maintaining systems to effectively manage the supply and up-keep of inventory at GPL Stores locations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- The occupant of this position will be responsible for:
- Managing the fuel and all other inventory operations at all or a combination of Guyana Power and Light Store locations.
- The specific store (s) that will fall under the direct responsibility of this position can vary over time and will be determined by the Supply Chain Manager – Inventory.
- Enforce compliance with all procedures related to inventory management at Guyana Power and Light.
- Manages the computerized inventory accounting system and assist with its modifications and improvements.
- Co-ordinates the preparation and timely submission of monthly reports.
- Reconcile Inventory stock balances and value with General Ledger.
- Review all stock levels regularly to verify that they are at optimum levels.
- Ensure inventory are stored in the preferred environment and temperature to prevent the risk of items being damage.
- Monitor and manage the Annual Stock Counting Programme.
- Ensure that records have been accurately updated and maintained.
- Produce timely and reliable management information reports on weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Verify all locations are in keeping with Quality standards and organized to facilitate the easy identification and retrieval of inventory.
- Highlight obsolete, damage and slow moving stock items and recommend necessary actions.
- Prepare required Performance Plan.
- Inject all efforts to achieve Key Performance Indicators set out in your Performance Plan.
- Comply with all Occupational Safety and Health procedures and legislation.
- Review and update all Contractual Agreements in keeping with legal requirements or other developments/changes.
- Orient, mentor, coach and appraise subordinate staff in keeping with their Performance Plan and Core Competencies as outlined in their Job Description and take steps to correct areas of poor performance.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
REWARD: Commensurate with Junior Management “A” emolument.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor of Social Science Degree in Business Management/Accountancy from the University of Guyana or an accredited institution with at least six (6) years relevant experience.
ACCA with at least five (5) years relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown or email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Wednesday, July 06, 2022.