Inventory Management Assistant
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Inventory Management Assistant, which exist within the Inventory Department – Onverwagt, Berbice.
Under the general direction of the Inventory Officer, the incumbent will be responsible, for the day to day management of the Stores and for ensuring the safekeeping of all materials held in the stores.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Receive and issue materials from the stores.
- Ensure strict adherence to the standard operating procedures as set out by the responsible department of the Guyana Power and Light Inc.
- Ensure that all material held in the store is secured.
- Effectively train and supervise subordinate staff.
- Manage and Maintain Inventory to ensure there is an optimum quantity at all times;
- Verify the authenticity of Material Requisitions and related documents.
- Identify damage/obsolete stock items and recommend for disposal.
- Ensure that stocks are stored in proper locations/demarcated areas.
- Conduct regular stock counts to ensure that accurate records are maintained;
- Arrange the warehouse to ensure quick and trouble-free accessibility to items, easily identifiable and stored.
- Ensure that Inventory software and Bin Cards are accurately updated in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Must be able to give attendant to details
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to develop and maintain stock records, systems and procedures
- Understanding of Stores Management
- Flexible and able to work in team
- Knowledge of appropriate internal Control
- High level of organizational skills
Required Qualifications and Experience
Five (5) subjects Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) inclusive of English Language and Mathematics Grades (I-III) plus Certificate in Computer Studies with at least three (3) years relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Friday, February 11, 2022.