Data Entry Clerk – Revenue Assurance & Protection Department – Sheriff Street
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results oriented professionals who are interested in joining our Team. The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Data Entry Clerk within the Revenue Assurance & Protection Department – Sheriff Street.
Under the general direction of the Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for entering all relevant corporate data into the various computerized systems approved by management.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Enter data in the system in a timely matter in keeping with the company’s operational targets, as assigned by your Senior Authorized Personnel.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered to avoid any delay in the computation process.
- Ensure that all source documents are kept in good condition and are not easily accessible by unauthorized persons within or outside of the department.
- Report any source document discrepancies or system discrepancies.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Fluency in written and verbal communication
- Knowledge on Microsoft programs
- Ability to perform wide variety of administrative function
- Ability to work with a team
- Proficient typing ability
- Excellent interpersonal and customer oriented skills
- Ability to proof read giving attention to details
Required Qualifications and Experience
Five (5) subjects C.X.C./G.C.E. Ordinary Level, including English Language, Mathematics and Information Technology (Grades I-III) or certificate in Computer Studies, with three (3) years relevant experience.
Salary Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Wednesday, February 08, 2023.