Customer Services Clerk – Customer Services Division – Leguan, Essequibo Islands
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Customer Services Clerk – Customer Services Division – Leguan, Essequibo Islands.
Under the general direction of the Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for the delivery of a high quality of service to our customers.
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB
- Share new and currents initiatives with customers by enlightening and encouraging them to use GPL’s value added services provided.
- Process Service Orders for field investigation for new service and any other field investigation that maybe required (Meter reads, Tariff, Dials, Status, and Meter Tests etc).
- Assist with follow up on outstanding investigations based on outstanding queries so that same can be resolved within CSS.
- Process customers request of all New Service, Change of Tenancy, Meter Change, Voltage Change, Permanent and Temporary Shift and Removal of Service application in keeping with Departments’ procedures.
- Inject efforts to achieve all targets as set out in your Performance Plan
- Comply with and be knowledgeable of all Customer Service Standards, Procedures and policies of the company, division and department.
- Adhere to all safety procedures & regulations.
- Assist with the preparing of monthly –statistical and accounting data: –
- Attendance Reports
- Prepare Letters: payment receipts, payment arrangements/invoices, Capital Contribution Invoices, theft of Electricity and adjustment Letters or correspondences for customers.
- Conduct pre-exception processing and prepare adjustments for meter change, billing audits and other adjustment for customers’ accounts.
- Prepare relevant batch entries for adjustment batches (debit) for cash adjustments/deposit processing) theft of Electricity and submitting same to supervisor to be updated.
- Create Cycle Billing, Manual batches, Cancelled Batches and Final Bill Batches via the Bill Processing Feature in Customer Information System and apprising Supervisor of all completed processes (Pre-exception, Adjustments, Bill Processing).
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Required Qualifications and Experience
JOB QUALIFICATION(S) AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four (4) subjects C.S.E.C, including English Language and Mathematics (Grades I-III), plus certificate in Computer Studies, with one (1) year relevant experience.
SALARY GRADE: Commensurate with your qualifications and experience
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Wednesday, August 24, 2022.