Contract Meter Reader
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Contract METER READER, which exist within the Customer Services Department – WEST DEMERARA
Under the direction and control of the Supervisor, the incumbent will directly be responsible for reading of Energy Meters and taking notes of any irregularities or inaccuracies encountered within a specified area also to deliver a high quality of service to our customers and be responsible for the following duties:
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB
- Read all Meters given in the cycle accurately and enter the data into the Handheld Units and/or Meter Sheets immediately.
- Ensure work is executed in the stipulated time frame, otherwise by the Senior Meter Reader.
- Report on all irregularities found (Defective, Meter Taken Off, Cannot Find, Meter Read, and Not Reads).
- Comply with and be knowledgeable of procedures & policies of the company, division and department
- Adhere to all safety procedures & regulations.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Four (4) subjects C.S.E.C, including English Language and Mathematics, plus certificate in Computer Studies, with three (3) years relevant experience.
- Thorough knowledge of geography locations.
- Ability to present legible written report.
- Ability to make simple and accurate mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Company Operations, License and Standard Terms and Conditions.
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than November 27, 2020.
Persons, who do not possess the relevant requirements, should not apply
GPL INC. BEING AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER!!!