Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of Carpenters, within the Facilities Department – Sophia.
Under the general direction of the Foreman Carpenter/Joiner, the incumbent will be responsible for performing maintenance work on buildings and facilities within the Company.
- Perform repairs to timber structures at any location of the Company.
- Perform installation of doors and windows to timber frames.
- Perform installation of door locks, cupboard locks and form work for all concrete works.
- Construction of shelves and cupboards.
- Accurately set out carpentry works in strict accordance with drawings.
- Ensure that during carpentry works all joints are properly made and secure tightly.
- Maintain doors, windows, furniture and other items.
- Construction and repairs to roof and stairs.
- Set up scaffolding for all works to building, ceiling flooring and roofing.
- Operate and maintain carpentry tools and equipment.
- Carry out minor works of bricklaying and concreting.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Three (3) C.S.EC subjects inclusive of Mathematics, English Language and Technical Drawing (Grade 1-111 passes) plus a Craft Certificate course in Carpentry & Joinery from GTI with three (3) years’ experience.
Four (4) C.S.EC subjects inclusive of English Language (Grade 1-111 passes) plus a Certificate in Carpentry from G.I.T.C. with five (5) years’ relevant experience.
- Knowledge of carpentry and building maintenance.
- Knowledge of safe operation of basic handheld and power tools.
- Knowledge of tools, equipment and materials used in carpentry.
- Knowledge of Bricklaying and Concreting
- Good Interpersonal Skills
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than September 15, 2020.