Business Systems Analyst – Information Technology Division – Sophia
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Business Systems Analyst – Information Technology Division – Sophia.
Under the general direction of the E- Business & GIS Manager, the incumbent will plan, develop, manage and improve the flow and synthesis of company data resulting in better decision-support, a more developed BIS, and overall, to deliver swift, transparent and relevant business information to the IT Division’s customers, i.e. GPL staff, Senior Managers, Executives, the Board and other defined users
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Develop data-driven plans, and communicate those plans, for the BIS to support the company’s work towards outcomes identified in Divisional and Company Strategic Plans.
- Administer or assist administration of the BIS
- Review and proactively report on outcomes of internal/ contracted work on the BIS or connected/ related systems
- Ensure that documentation pertinent to the company’s BIS, training material and any related services is prepared and kept up-to-date, and related timely working guidance is routinely provided to appropriate Divisional staff.
- Analyze company processes, desired outcomes and data to create metrics and illuminate relevant patterns or correlations, and present these status indicators or relationships via dashboards in the BIS.
- Collaborate with user departments to identify, update, develop and improve or re-engineer the business processes impacted by the technological changes.
- Continually assess the use of the BIS to expand coverage and use across all business units and locations, and optimise the user experience.
- Work towards the BIS and related Information Systems providing a current, all-of-business, analytical view of GPL.
- Ensure that systems of securing the databases and apps are implemented and used, including approaches based on separation of roles and zero-trust/ least-privilege.
- Monitor and report on usage of systems.
- Implement a high level of customer service to GPL and other defined users.
- Implement or assist with the implementation of ITIL best practices for IT Service Management, and CIS Controls for cyber security.
- Research, develop and recommend innovative, cost-effective, and where possible automated approaches for acquiring data and delivering information or services.
- Undertake and support change management initiatives to effect a view of staff/ other departments as customers, with departmental work viewed as customer service
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of tour employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Knowledge of database administration, troubleshooting and problem analysis, and resolution skills
- Knowledge of server and network administration
- Understanding of IT Security
- Written and Verbal Communication
Required Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science from the University of Guyana or an accredited institution or a related discipline with a minimum of two (2) years’ development experience in Data Science, Business Intelligence Systems, Business Process Analysis or Data Warehousing.
Salary Grade: Commensurate with JM ‘A’ emoluments.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Thursday, December 29, 2022.