Business Systems Analyst – E-Business and Geographic Information System (GIS) Department – Sophia
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Business Systems Analyst – E-Business and Geographic Information System (GIS) Department – Sophia.
The Business Systems Analyst, E-Business & GIS Department, will plan, develop, manage and improve the flow and synthesis of company data resulting in better decision-support, a more developed BIS, and overall, to deliver swift, transparent and relevant business information to the IT Division’s customers, i.e. GPL staff, Senior Managers, Executives, the Board and other defined users.
- Develop data-driven plans, and communicate those plans, for the BIS to support the company’s work towards outcomes identified in Divisional and Company Strategic Plans.
- Administer or assist administration of the BIS
- Review and proactively report on outcomes of internal/ contracted work on the BIS or connected/ related systems
- Ensure that documentation pertinent to the company’s BIS, training material and any related services is prepared and kept up-to-date, and related timely working guidance is routinely provided to appropriate Divisional staff.
- Analyze company processes, desired outcomes and data to create metrics and illuminate relevant patterns or correlations, and present these status indicators or relationships via dashboards in the BIS.
- Collaborate with user departments to identify, update, develop and improve or re-engineer the business processes impacted by the technology changes.
- Continually assess the use of the BIS to expand coverage and use across all business units and locations, and optimise the user experience.
- Work towards the BIS and related Information Systems providing a current, all-of-business, analytical view of GPL.
- Ensure that systems of securing the databases and apps are implemented and used, including approaches based on separation of roles and zero-trust/ least-privilege.
- Monitor and report on usage of systems.
- Implement a high level of customer service to GPL and other defined users.
- Implement or assist with the implementation of ITIL best practices for IT Service Management, and CIS Controls for cybersecurity.
- Research, develop and recommend innovative, cost-effective, and where possible automated approaches for acquiring data and delivering information or services.
- Undertake and support change management initiatives to effect a view of staff/ other departments as customers, with departmental work viewed as customer service
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the Head of Department or divisional executive.
- Documentation pertinent to GPL’s BIS, sufficient for asset management, configuration, licence management and renewal, budgeting and lifecycle planning.
- Proactive communication with colleagues of the IT Division, and close coordination with Database Administrator (DBA), GIS Officer, Application Analyst, and IT Business Analyst.
- Prompt advice to the Head of Department and other colleagues regarding prior warnings, current advisories, and situation updates to be sent to the user base when warranted by changes in the status, usage or performance of the BIS or related systems.
- Proactive reports compiled on metrics for BIS completeness including data pipelines, and end-user orientation, and adoption of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), ITSM (Information technology service management) and CIS (Center for Internet Security) Controls, based on statistics from routine monitoring and maintenance, along with actions taken, that indicate management/ improvement of the BIS and related systems.
- Monthly workplans.
- Weekly or daily standups with Head of Department.
- Data-driven inputs/ draft proposals for budgets and plans.
Required Qualifications and Experience
University BSc Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with a minimum of two (2) years’ development experience in Data Science, Business Intelligence Systems, Business Process Analysis or Data Warehousing.
Certification/ demonstrable portfolio of experience in database administration, e.g. Oracle or MS SQL Server, programming, or in related computer science areas e.g. Linux Administration, Cloud or Cybersecurity, would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be addressed and submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power and Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Friday, April 22, 2022.