Assistant Corporate Communications Officer – Content Creation and Management – Public Relations Department, Duke Street
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power and Light Inc recognises the importance of its external communication initiatives and continues to leverage social media to boost information dissemination across these platforms.
In this regard, we are looking for a dynamic team member with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the position of Assistant Corporate Communications Officer – Content Creation and Management. The successful candidate will assist the Corporate Communications Unit with content creation and management of the Company’s social media platforms.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Develop and implement social media content on the Company’s operations to ensure a continuous flow of information to public.
- Manage and optimize the company’s social media pages with appropriate content to increase visibility on each platform.
- Provide graphic illustrations (photographs and videos) of staff engaging in proactive and reactive activities such as Planned and Unplanned Network Maintenance, Outreaches and Customer Service Representative interactions.
- Design and edit image boosting materials such as events/promotions, flyers, posters, pamphlets and materials for social media platforms and website.
- Design reports, publications, posters, brochures to project and maintain a positive corporate image.
- Develop and maintain an effective electronic library of corporate photographs and videos to assist in illustrating and presenting corporate efforts for continuous service improvement.
- Assist with coordinating and attend Community Outreaches with the Customer Services and Distribution Network Divisions.
- Continuously liaise with divisions across the Company to garner useful and positive information for dissemination purposes.
- Assist with conducting Quarterly Surveys to gauge the effectiveness of the Unit’s information dissemination initiatives.
- Produce monthly Reports on the state of social media accounts.
- Assist in the production of a quarterly newsletter.
|· Excellent oral and written communication skills|
|· Computer literacy (Micro Soft Word, Excel, Power Point)|
|· Flexible and possess the ability to perform effectively under pressure|
|· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously|
|· Responsible and able to meet deadlines|
|· Good interpersonal skills|
|· Customer focused|
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Communication/Mass Communication or equivalent with at least two (2) years relevant experience.
- Diploma in Public Communication/Mass Communication or equivalent with at least three (3) years relevant experience.
- Certified skills in Social Media and Content Development or related certified skills from a reputable academic institution with at least (3) years relevant experience.
SALARY GRADE: Salary Grade: Commensurate with Junior Management “D” emoluments
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or by email email@example.com not later than Thursday, October 27, 2022.