Administrative Assistant- Office of the Project Manager
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the impending vacancy of Administrative Assistant within Office of the Project Manager – Electrification Project (T & D), Middle Street.
Under the general direction of Project Manager – Electrification Project (T & D), the incumbent will be responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support to facilitate the efficient operation of the department
Key Responsibility Areas
- Screen incoming calls and, as appropriate, provide requested information, take messages or redirect inquires to the appropriate office.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments, as requested
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, memos and emails
- Proof-read drafts of correspondence for correct grammar, punctuation and spelling and make corrections.
- Compile Network Statistics for monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Create and maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Prepare agendas for meetings, distribute minutes of and prepare schedules
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff and petty cash
- Maintain adequate levels of department office supplies
- Maintaining confidentiality in all aspects on the company’s dealing and working
- Ensure that Inventory software and Bin Cards are accurately updated in a timely manner;
Required Qualifications and Experience
Administrative Professional Secretaries Diploma from University of Guyana (IDCE) with a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience.
Diploma in Secretarial Science /Administrative principles & Practices (G.T.I.) with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a Stenographer I
Four (4) subjects C.X.C./G.C.E. ‘O’ Levels. Including English Language and Mathematics, Pitman’s Certificate in Advanced English, Typewriting and Shorthand 70 w.p.m. or its equivalent with at least five (5) years relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than June 21, 2019.