Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of Driver/Dispatcher– within the Corporate Secretariat, Duke Street, Kingston.
Under the general supervision of the Deputy Chief Executive Officer- Strategic Operations, the incumbent will be responsible for driving the company’s vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
- Drive the company’s vehicle and keep record of mileage.
- Perform routine check(s) each morning to ensure that the vehicle has water, oil and the correct tyre pressure.
- Report promptly to the Fleet Maintenance Engineer and your immediate Supervisor any noticeable major defects and take proper care of vehicle.
- Execute all transportation requests that are authorized by functional supervisors.
- Drive the company’s vehicle in a safe and careful manner, taking due regard for all Traffic Laws.
- Fuel the assigned vehicle.
- Keep the vehicle (interior and exterior) in a hygienic manner.
- Report all incidents and accidents immediately and submit a written report within twenty-four (24) hours of the occurrence. Do not attempt to give any undertaking, oral or written or make any cash settlement to a third party when involved in an accident.
- Maintain defensive driving at all times.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
A valid driver’s license plus a sound secondary education with four (4) years’ experience as a driver with a safe driving record.
How to Apply
Applications should to reach the Manager Human Resources Services, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than October 07, 2020.