Rehabilitation of the MV and LV Distribution Network, 153.83Km-Lot C.
Country: Cooperative Republic of the Guyana
Funding Source: Islamic Development Bank
Title: Procurement of Works- Rehabilitation of the MV and LV Distribution Network-Lot C
Project ID: GUY1008
Financing No: GUY1008
Deadline: September 3, 2019
Employer: GUYANA POWER AND LIGHT INC
Implementing Agency: GUYANA POWER AND LIGHT INC.
Procurement Type: Open International Competitive Bidding (ICB- Open)
Contract/ Bid No.: ICB No. GPL-ISDB-001-2019
- The Government of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana has received financing from the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) towards the cost of the funding shortfall to satisfy the targets of the Power Utility Upgrade Program, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this financing to eligible payments under the contract for Rehabilitation of the Medium and Low Voltage Distribution Network, 153.83Km- Lot C.
- The Executing Agency, Guyana Power and Light Inc., now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for Procurement of Works- Rehabilitation of the MV and LV Distribution Network, 153.83Km-Lot C.
- Bidding will be conducted through the Open International Competitive Bidding (ICB-Open) procedures specified in the Guidelines for Procurement of Goods and Works and Related Services under IsDB Project Financing April 2019. “The bid is open to bidders from both the IDB Member and non-Member Countries. All Goods, Works and/or related services provided by the Contractor, and its associates and subcontractors, shall be in strict compliance with the Boycott Regulations of the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation, the League of Arab States and the African Union (Boycott Regulations).
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and can inspect the Bidding Documents at the address noted below, from 08:00hrs to 16:00hrs (Guyana Time), Monday to Thursday and from 08:00hrs to 15:30hrs (Guyana Time) on Friday.
- Qualifications requirements are as noted in the Bidding Documents.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a request to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of US$100 (One Hundred United States Dollars) or its equivalent in a freely convertible currency. The Bidding Documents will be provided on a Flash Drive and sent by courier where applicable. The method of payment will be Cash or Bank Draft or wire transfer in the name of GUYANA POWER AND LIGHT INC. (Banking details will be provided upon request from interested bidders).
- One paper original and three paper copies of Bids along with one(1) soft copy on a Compact Disc/Flash Drive in PDF format must be delivered to the address indicated below by September 3, 2019 at 9:00am. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security or Bid Bond of US$100,000 from a reputable Financial Institution and in a form acceptable to GPL. Late bids will be rejected and returned unopened. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below at 9:00am on September 3, 2019.
- The addresses referred to above are:
For Information regarding the Bid Documents:
Power Utility Upgrade Program
Guyana Power and Light Incorporated.
103 Carmichael Street,
Tel: 592 – 227 –1688
National Procurement and Tender Administration
Ministry of Finance
Main and Urquhart Streets