Sale of Scrap Metal
- Scrap transformers
- Transformer Shells (30 metric tonnes)
- Copper (40 metric tonnes)
The location to view scrap metal along with the respective contact person and the period for viewing are as follows:
Location Contact Persons Contact No. Period for Viewing
GPL Sophia Troy Haley 619-2975 May 6 – May 17, 2019
For further information, please contact the aforementioned person on Mondays through Fridays between 9:00 hours and 11:00 hours.
Terms & Conditions
- The scrap metal is sold on an “as is, where is” basis.
- Only Registered Scrap Metal Dealers/ Exporters are permitted to submit bids.
- Each category of scrap metal should be placed on individual bid forms.
- Prospective Bidders are only allowed to submit one (1) bid per category.
- Payment of 100% must be made in cash or via manager’s cheque to Guyana Power & Light Inc by the successful bidder within five (5) working days of being informed. Failure to pay within the stipulated period will result in the next successful bidder being considered.
- After payment, scrap metal must be removed within (48) hours.
- Removal and transport of the scrap metal from the location would be the responsibility of the bidder.
Bid forms are available at GPL’s Procurement department, Main Street, Georgetown or can be downloaded from the Guyana Power & Light Inc website http://gplinc.net/bids/
Bids must be placed in sealed envelopes bearing no identification of the bidder’s name on the outside and must be clearly marked on the top, left hand corner “Bid for Purchase of Scrap Metal”. Submissions must be addressed to and deposited in the Tender Box at the address below. Applications are to be received no later than 14:00 hours (Guyana Time) on May 22, 2019.
Secretary to the Tender Board
Guyana Power & Light Incorporated
91 Duke Street, Kingston
GPL reserves the right to reject any or all Bids and to remove or re-offer the scrap metal for sale.