Transmission & Distribution Electrical Engineers
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancies of Electrical Engineers within the Transmission & Distribution department at the following Locations: –
- Area Central –Kingston Georgetown
- Area South- Garden -of- Eden
- Area- East – Victoria
- Area West – West Demerara
- Area Essequibo – Anna Regina
Under the general direction of the Senior Transmission & Distribution Engineer – Demerara / Network Operations Manager and Regional Manager – Essequibo. The incumbent will be responsible for the related administrative and managerial functions associated with the management of the Transmission and Distribution Network.
- Manage all engineering, administrative and financial matters within the area assigned.
- Enforce strict compliance with the requirements of the safety and health legislation, regulations and contractual obligations.
- Ensure that the environment and area under control is kept clean and tidy.
- Promptly investigate and make recommendations through written reports with respect to infractions of Safety and Health regulations.
- Conduct continuous Assessment and Monitoring of Staff Work Performance and Development, and taking steps to correct poor work performance.
- Administer and dispense discipline in keeping with the Disciplinary Policy/Procedure.
- Ensure that the Safety Codes and Standard Line Practices are adhered to at all times.
- Attend meetings for the Network Operations Manager or Senior T&D Engineer in their absence or when asked to do so by same, on matters and issues of Company interest
- Attend meetings/function when called upon.
- Manage the development and execution of daily, weekly, quarterly and annual work plans.
- Check and verify estimates done correctly for major and capital jobs by the Network Designer.
- Conduct visit to consumers’ premises to estimate extent of damages done and to confirm report made by same.
- To carry out the functions as Senior Authorised Personnel (S.A.P) when required.
- Prepare drawings and sketches of field surveys and other relevant materials when necessary.
- To rectify all problems/faults in extreme circumstances pertaining to emergencies
- To be accountable for materials, equipment, vehicles, tools and property of your location.
- To be au-fait with the works executed by the lower grades and be able to perform in such capacities in cases of extreme emergencies or judgment casting ones.
- Drive the Company’s vehicle as required provided being a licensed driver and certified by the fleet maintenance department.
- Assess and train personnel under his/her control.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Guyana or its equivalent from an accredited institution with at least five (5) years’ experience in Line Transmission and Distribution designs.
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed and submitted to the:
Deputy Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Services Department
Guyana Power & Light Inc.
257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown