Transformer Rewind Engineer
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the impending vacancy of Transformer Rewind Engineer – within the System Control and Engineering Services Department – Sophia.
Under the general direction of the System Control and Engineering Services Manager, the incumbent will be responsible, for the efficient and effective management of the Transformer/Alternator rewind units along with executing the following duties.
- Ensure the development and efficient management of planned maintenance programmes, for all Distribution Transformers, Alternators, Voltage Regulators and other related items within the Company.
- Ensure that all statutory safety codes, rules and regulations and environmental management guidelines are strictly adhered to.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports by the (4th) fourth working day of the preceding month.
- Orient, mentor and coach subordinate staff in an effort to aid their development of the requisite job skills.
- Maintain an adequate stock of spares inclusive of Magnetic Wires, Insulating Varnish, Transformer (Insulation) oil and other materials deemed necessary to ensure that the supply and distribution of electricity in not unduly affected by the lack thereof.
- Prepare annual budget and maintenance programmes and establish and update records of the system.
- Host meetings regularly with subordinate staff individually on in groups as may be necessary in an effort to maintain a harmonious work environment, production and productivity.
- Enforce strict compliance with the requirements of the Safety and health legislation, regulations and contractual obligations.
- Ensure that the environment and are under control is kept clean and tidy.
- Administer and dispense discipline in keeping with the Disciplinary Policy/Procedure.
- Promptly investigate and make recommendations through written reports with respect to infractions of Safety and Health regulations and any other incident not in keeping with good employee behavior and practice.
- Conducts continuous assessment and monitoring of staff work performance and development, and taking steps to correct poor work performance.
- To respond to system emergencies at any of the Companies installations as the need arises.
- Any other related duties that may be arise as a result of reports received by a duly authorized Officer inclusive of System Operations and or Control Engineers.7
Required Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institution with a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience.
Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from the University of Guyana, with a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience.
Alternatively: Fifteen (15) years’ experience in the relevant field.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted Heads to reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than March 28, 2019.