Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power and Light Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the positions of Training Officer
Under the direction of the Human Resources Development Manager, the incumbents will be responsible, inter alia, for assessing training needs, developing and delivering training and staff development programs to meet the ongoing manpower needs of the Company and the 2021 – 2024 Development and Expansion Program.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Consult with Departments to analyze training needs and develop new training programmes or modify and improve exciting training programmes.
- Plan, develop and deliver training and staff development programmes using knowledge of the effectiveness of various methodologies.
- Supervise and coordinate work of Training Coordinators and Instructors develop work plans.
- Train and coach Instructors in methodology, techniques and skills to deliver training programmes.
- Evaluate Instructors’ performance and the effectiveness of training programmes and make recommendations for improvement.
- Design, develop and implement testing and evaluation procedures for all training programmes.
- Develop and organize training manuals, multi-media, visual aids and other instructional material.
- Conduct classroom teaching sessions and evaluate the performance of participants.
- Conduct interviews and assessments of all prospective trainees.
- Plan and conduct orientation and inductions sessions for new staff.
- In collaboration with the Human Resources Development Manager, prepare training budget and monitor spending against budget.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with instructions on technical and professional courses which may be relevant and useful to the Company.
- Ensure that good housekeeping, punctuality and discipline are maintained among all categories of Trainees.
- Liaise and communicate with training institutions and individuals on the development and execution of training and staff development programmes.
- Conduct investigations and make recommendations on Industrial accidents as required by the Human Resources Services Department.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an authorized officer.
- Monthly and weekly Work Plans
- Monthly Reports
- Learning and Development Plans
- Individual Performance Plan
- Performance Appraisal
- Preparation of Technical Spreadsheets
Required Qualifications and Experience
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree in Education, Human Resources Management, Engineering or another relevant discipline from an accredited institution and at least five (5) years experience in the development, delivering and management of training programs.
Diploma in Human Resources Management, Education, Engineering or another relevant area with at least eight (8) years experience in training programs development, coordinating and implementation.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Divisional Director – Human Resources, 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown or email: email@example.com not later than Friday, October 8, 2021.