Training Coordinator – Technical
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
Guyana Power and Light Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Training Coordinator – Technical
Under the direction of the Human Resources Development Manager, the incumbents will be responsible, inter alia, for assessing training needs, developing and delivering training and staff development programs to meet the ongoing manpower needs of the Company and the 2021 – 2024 Development and Expansion Program.
To supervise, plan, develop and co-ordinate all on-the-job training and be responsible for training apprentices and trainees, in both theory and practical, in the electrical field which includes Transmission and Distribution – Classroom and Practically in the Fields.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Develop, supervise and co-ordinate all technical training programmes which are being conducted as well as short courses being done at the training Department.
- Prepare modules, lesson plans and learning/visual aids for courses conducted.
- Conduct training sessions.
- Prepare test papers and conduct trade tests in the relevant trade areas.
- Ensure quarterly Assessment Reports for trainees are completed in a timely manner by the various departments/sections and for submission to the Board of Industrial Training.
- Visit apprentices, trainee technicians, and management trainees on location, and to report on their performance and attendance on location.
- Research, recommend and implement new techniques that can improve work in all technical areas.
- Conduct interviews and assessments of all prospective trainees.
- Monitor the progress of trainees and on-the-job training and to evaluate performance.
- Assist the Training Officer in the preparation of the annual budget and work plans.
- Ensure safety on training programmes and on-the-job assignments and to see that these safety rules and practices are observed at all times.
- Liaise with Training Officer on all issues and concerns of Trainees.
- Conduct programmes for on-the-job training of all Departmental Supervisors.
- Maintain a daily record of attendance of Trainees.
- To investigate the conduct of Trainees and recommend disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Enforce strict compliance with the requirements of the safety and health legislation of the company.
- Ensure that the environment and area where training is conducted are kept clean and tidy.
- Conduct investigations and make recommendations on Industrial accidents as required by the Human Resources Services Department.
- Liaise with all other Departments on issues relating to training and on recommendations for staff development.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an authorized officer.
- Monthly and weekly Work Plans
- Monthly Reports
- Learning and Development Plans
- Individual Performance Plan
- Performance Appraisal
- Preparation of Technical Spreadsheets
Required Qualifications and Experience
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering/Mechanical or equivalent qualifications from an accredited institution with three (3) years experience
Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualifications from an accredited institution, with five (5) years experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Divisional Director – Human Resources, 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown or email: email@example.com not later than Friday, October 8, 2021.