Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results oriented professionals who are interested in joining our Team.
Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Technician III- within the Revenue Protection Department, Sheriff Street, Georgetown.
Under the general direction of the Senior Technician, the incumbent will be responsible to conduct technical field investigations and audits at customer premises, to detect theft and meter anomalies.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Under supervision conduct checks on installation and verification of accuracy of all meters.
- Under supervision install, connect, test and energize single and three phase meters and associated circuitry of GPL’s Consumer Base.
- Ensure proper use and accountability of all departmental electrical materials and equipment.
- Assist in carrying out field inspections to effectively execute investigations.
- Assist Prepare statements for record keeping purposes as well as for court proceedings, including prosecution of electricity theft by consumers.
- Maintain the confidentiality and of all information arising out of each investigation and all matters within the Operations Department.
- Promote the sharing of best practices across the Company.
- Adhere to Standard Line Practice Codes and Safety Rules of the Company.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Knowledge of electrical meter systems and electrical theory
- Trouble-shooting metering and electrical circuits
- Knowledge of transmission and distribution system
- Knowledge in linesman skills
- Knowledge in Computer systems
Required Qualifications and Experience
Craft/Board of Industrial Training Certificate in Electrical or its equivalent, with at least one (1) years relevant experience, plus apprenticeship Training in Electrical Discipline with at lease one (1) year relevant experience.
Three (3) subjects Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) levels inclusive of Mathematics and English Grades (1 – 111) with at least one (1) year experience in the electrical field
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown or by email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, August 18, 2023.