Technical Records Clerk
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results-oriented professionals who are interested in joining our Team. In this regard, the Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applicants with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Technical Records Clerk – which exists within the – Loss Reduction Division – Canefield, Berbice.
Under the general supervision of the Superintendent, the incumbent is to ensure that all jobs/meters are placed on the database, and all the Company’s tools, line hardware, equipment and other materials for the department are accounted for, and kept in a safe place.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Deliver tools, materials and equipment as per established procedures.
- Manage all tools, equipment, and materials kept at the local store
- Maintain records of all transaction relating to tools and equipment, and materials inflows, inventory, and outflows
- Prepare monthly material inventory reports and ensuring that they are consistent with stock card records.
- Be accountable for all tools and equipment, and materials kept at the local store.
- Complete and enter planned/emergency jobs into Data Base.
- Prepare Job Cards from Data Base.
- Prepare and complete Statistical Reports from Data Base.
- Allocate meters (physically and within the prepaid data base)
- Update and prepare Service Orders
- Accompany the Metering Superintendent on some investigation
- Take Consumers’ Reports.
- Assist with the preparation of Overtime Sheets.
- Assist with the preparation of payment certificates for hired vehicles.
- Adhere to the Safety rules of the Company.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
|· Basic knowledge of Inventory Management System and understanding of tools|
|· Knowledge in the use of Microsoft programmes (Excel & Access)|
|· Numerically inclined|
|· Good Interpersonal Skills|
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Technician Course in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from the New Amsterdam Technical Institute/Government Technical Institute with two (2) years’ experience in the relevant field.
- Four (4) subjects C.S.E.C, including English Language, Mathematics along with a Technical subject, with three (3) years in Data Entry or Inventory Management experience.
Salary Grade: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than October 16, 2023 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.