Technical Records Clerk – Transmission and Distribution Department – Onverwagt, West Coast Berbice
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the impending vacancy of Technical Records Clerk – Transmission and Distribution Department – Onverwagt, West Coast Berbice.
Under the general supervision of the Transmission & Distribution Engineer, the incumbent is to ensure all jobs are placed on the database and all the Company’s tools, line hardware, equipment and other materials within the Department are accounted for, and kept in a safe place.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Deliver tools, materials and equipment to crews as per established procedures.
- Manage all tools, equipment and materials kept at the local store.
- Maintain records of all transaction relating to tools and equipment, materials inflows, inventory, and outflows.
- Prepare monthly material inventory reports and ensuring that they are consistent with stock card records.
- Complete and enter planned/emergency jobs into Data Base.
- Maintain Job Cards.
- Prepare and complete Statistical Reports from Data Base.
- Take Consumers’ Reports, when required
- Prepare Overtime Sheets for all staff.
- Prepare attendance reports for all staff
- Prepare payment certificates for hired vehicles and contracted work.
- Comply with the Company’s Safety Rules and Standard Line Practice Codes.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
|Basic knowledge of Inventory Management System and understanding of tools|
|Knowledge in the use of Microsoft programmes (Excel & Access)|
|Good Interpersonal Skills|
Required Qualifications and Experience
Technician Course in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from the New Amsterdam Technical Institute/Government Technical Institute with one (1) years’ experience in the relevant field.
Four (4) subjects C.S.E.C, including English Language, Mathematics along with a Technical subject (Grade I-III), with two (2) years in Data Entry or Inventory Management experience.
Salary Grade: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email email@example.com not later than Thursday, September 1, 2022.