Technical Records Clerk – Electrification Projects Unit (Transmission and Distribution Division) – Middle Street
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results oriented professionals who are interested in joining our Team. In this regard, the Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applicants with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Technical Records Clerk – which exist within the Electrification Projects Unit (Transmission and Distribution Division) – Middle Street, Georgetown.
Under the general supervision of the Project Engineer/Project Manager, the incumbent is to ensure that there are detailed recording of work processes, achievement and challenges encountered in ongoing projects so as to facilitate timely responses.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Receive and record data from Projects Engineer in relation to progress of construction in prescribed format..
- Prepare documentation for payment of contractors.
- Maintain detailed records of items requisitioned, received and returned from/to stores.
- Maintain detailed records of vehicle mileage accumulated on a weekly basis and corresponding fuel purchase.
- Report any anomalies/discrepancies in records to the Projects Superintendent.
- Keep updated asset register for all ongoing projects based on data received from Project Engineer, Project Superintendent or Clerks-of-Works.
- Record work achieved on a daily basis by contractors for all ongoing projects following engagement with Clerks-of-Works.
- Keep records of outages applied for and received/not received.
- Keep records of days worked/not worked by contractors and reasons for days not worked as communicated by Project Engineer or Project Superintendent.
- Compile statistical report of achievement on a fortnightly and monthly basis.
- Monitor and record the distance accumulated by company vehicles and indicate approaching maintenance time.
- Keep record of planned and unplanned maintenance conducted on company vehicles.
- Keep record of periods of vehicle unavailability.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
|Basic knowledge of Inventory Management System and understanding of tools|
|Knowledge in the use of Microsoft programmes (Excel & Access)|
|Good Interpersonal Skills|
Required Qualifications and Experience
Technician Course in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from the New Amsterdam Technical Institute/Government Technical Institute with two (2) years’ experience in the relevant field.
Four (4) subjects C.S.E.C, including English Language, Mathematics along with a Technical subject, with three (3) years in Data Entry or Inventory Management experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email email@example.com not later than Friday, May 12, 2023.