Technical Records Clerk – Berbice
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the impending vacancy of Technical Records Clerk within the Transmission and Distribution Department, #53 Outpost, BERBICE.
Under the general supervision of the Transmission & Distribution Engineer, the incumbent is to ensure all jobs are placed on the database and all the Company’s tools, line hardware, equipment and other materials within the Department are accounted for, and kept in a safe place.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Deliver tools, materials and equipment to crews as per established procedures.
- Manage all tools, equipment and materials kept at the local store.
- Maintain records of all transaction relating to tools and equipment, materials inflows, inventory, and outflows.
- Prepare monthly material inventory reports and ensuring that they are consistent with stock card records.
- Complete and enter planned/emergency jobs into Data Base.
- Maintain Job Cards.
- Prepare and complete Statistical Reports from Data Base.
- Take Consumers’ Reports, when required
- Prepare Overtime Sheets for all staff.
- Prepare attendance reports for all staff
- Prepare payment certificates for hired vehicles and contracted work.
- Comply with the Company’s Safety Rules and Standard Line Practice Codes.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Salary Grade: GE: 3
Required Qualifications and Experience
JOB QUALIFICATION(S) AND EXPERIENCE:
- Technician Course in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from the New Amsterdam Technical Institute/Government Technical Institute with two (2) years’ experience in the relevant field.
2. Four (4) subjects C.S.E.C, including English Language, Mathematics along with a Technical subject, with three (3) years in Data Entry or Inventory Management experience.
Basic knowledge of Inventory Management System and understanding of tools
Knowledge in the use of Microsoft programmes (Excel & Access)
Good Interpersonal Skills
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted through your Departmental Head to reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than June 15, 2021.