Technical Records Clerk
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results oriented professionals who are interested in joining our Team. In this regard, the Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applicants with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Technical Records Clerk – which exist within the Diesel Generation Department – ANNA REGINA, Essequibo Coast.
Under the general supervision of the Diesel Generation Engineer, the incumbent will ensure that there is detailed recording of work processes, achievements, and challenges encountered in the department so as to improve the maintenance plan of Generation Operations- Essequibo.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Maintain a detailed records of planned and unplanned maintenance conducted on all Units in the Power Stations.
- Maintain a detailed record of periods of Engine unavailability.
- Compile statistical reports of achievement on a weekly and monthly basis at the various Power Stations.
- Maintain records of outages applied for and received/not received on the Plants.
- Maintain detailed records of items requisitioned, received, and returned from/to stores by the Power Stations.
- Report any anomalies/discrepancies in records to the Engineer, O&M Supervisor, or O&M Foreman.
- Record work achieved on a daily basis by the Maintenance Department from O&M Supervisor/Foreman.
- Prepare a detailed record of the time and attendance of all staff in Generation Essequibo.
- Keep an updated record of all registers used at the Power Stations.
- Monitor and record the running hours accumulated by Engines and indicate approaching maintenance time to the Maintenance Supervisor/ O&M Foreman.
- Work closely with Operations and Maintenance Supervisors to keep and track any other records.
- Keep detailed records of data for all locations; Leguan, Wakenaam, Bartica, and Anna Regina Power Station.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment from an Authorized Officer.
- Basic knowledge of Inventory Management Systems and understanding of tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of GPL Web-Based Software Programs
- Numerically inclined
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Technician Course in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from the New Amsterdam Technical Institute/Government Technical Institute with two (2) years’ experience in the relevant field.
- Four (4) subjects C.S.E.C, including English Language, Mathematics along with a Technical subject, with three (3) years in Data Entry or Inventory Management experience.
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to the Senior Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than January 05, 2024 or via email to email@example.com.