System Planning and Design Engineer
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of System Planning and Design Engineer that exists within the System Planning and Design Department – 257/259 Middle Street Annex, Georgetown.
Under the general direction of the System Planning and Design Manager, the incumbent will contribute to the activities of the System Planning and Design Department in providing basic electricity system planning, design and technical support activities including providing information to management and other parties when required. To develop skills in power systems analysis and planning software, in particular PSS/Sin cal but possibly others such as PSSE.
Some of the core duties of this position include but are not limited to the following key job responsibilities:
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB:
- Collation of data relating to power system performance.
- Estimation of power system losses.
- Analysis of power system technical performance.
- Analysis of power system operational statistics.
- Application of power system analysis software.
- Design of distribution system modifications.
- Planning for power system rehabilitation and expansion.
- Review and preparation of technical specifications.
- Report writing.
- Working closely with consultants undertaking specialized technical assignments.
- Any other related duties as requested by management.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Guyana or credited institution with (3) three years relevant experience along with specialization in electrical power system.
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed and submitted to the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Human Resources Department, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown no later than May 14, 2019.