Supply Chain Officer – Technical (Procurement) – Procurement Department – Main Street Georgetown
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Supply Chain Officer – Technical (Procurement) – Procurement Department – Main Street Georgetown.
Under the general direction of the Procurement Manager, the incumbent is responsible for effectively and efficiently implementing all procedures and processes required in the procurement of fuel related goods and services, tender preparation and suppliers contract management.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Comply with all relevant Processes, Laws and Policies for the procurement of goods and services and recommend any improvement to all Internally Controlled Procedures.
- Adheres to the Department and GPL Inc. Tender Board Regulations and Procedures.
- Liaises with key company employees to determine their product and service needs.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the annual Procurement Plan.
- Ensures the preparation of Expression of Interests, Tenders and Contract Agreements within prescribed timelines.
- Establish and maintain a database of contracts issued for Goods and Services with an effective tracking mechanism to highlight key suppliers and GPL’s contractual obligations.
- Manage suppliers’ contracts to ensure full compliance in the delivery of goods and services with key focus on Bond submission and validity, goods’ and services’ delivery timelines and payments.
- Lead the timely acquisition of Heavy Fuel Oil (HFO), Light Fuel Oil (LFO) and Lubricants by establishing and guided by the Inventory Department and operational requirements of the Company.
- Establish and maintain a system of Heavy Fuel Oil, Light Fuel Oil and Lubricants volumes procedure along with prices to guide fuel and lubricants analysis and support informed decision making.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive list of Fuel and Lubricants suppliers and catalogues from suppliers of equipment and materials offered.
- Liaises with the Guyana Revenue Authority regarding Duty Free Letters, working closely with Shipping Agents and Brokers regarding timely clearance of fuel and lubricants.
- Verifies suppliers’ database is updated on a regular basis with reputable suppliers and service providers.
- Orients, mentors, coach direct reports and where required take necessary steps to improve poor work performance.
- Injects all efforts to achieve Key Performance Indicators set out in the Department Performance Plan.
- Complies with all Occupational Safety and Health procedures and legislation.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
A Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Business Management or Accounting from the University of Guyana or an accredited institution with two (2) years’ experience in a similar management role.
A Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Business Management or Accounting from the University of Guyana or an accredited institution with five (5) years’ experience in Procurement Management.
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be addressed and submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Friday, June 3, 2022.