Supervisor – Meter Reading
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacancy of Supervisor, Meter Reading (Non Maximum Demand) – Customer Services Operations Department.
Under the general direction of the Customer Service Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for providing supervision, leadership and direction to Meter Readers regarding the reading of energy meters throughout Region four (4) and report on the Unit’s performance.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Monitor all staff attendance.
- Monitor/ evaluate staff performance.
- Prepare meter-reading schedule and monitor energy meter readings as per meter reading schedule.
- Download meter-reading route as per cycle to handheld device.
- Schedule and upload meter reading as per cycle from handheld device to MVRS software, from MVRS to handheld.
- Respond to customer inquiry/complaints regarding meter services and service status.
- Coordinate/monitor Non Maximum Demand readings
- Transfer meter readings from meter reading books to handheld devices.
- Re-folio (re-coding) of accounts; correct skip code errors and submit correct data to Maintenance Supervisor for correction on Customer Information System (CIS).
- Prepare monthly reports.
- Prepare payment invoices for Contract Meter Readers.
- Annual budget for Meter Reading Unit.
- Enforce disciplinary action, where necessary.
- Provide guidance to staff on safety rules and enforce compliance with Occupational Safety & Health procedures and regulations.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Knowledge of CIS functions
- Ability to interpret an analyze data
- Knowledge of other computer software associated with customer service information
- Working knowledge of the Standard Terms and Conditions of Electric Services, Electricity Sector Reform Act, GPL’s License
- Ability to supervise operation effectively
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to read all types of meters
- Ability to operate hand held device
- Ability to deal with all matters related to meter reading
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Business Management or Public Administration or Accountancy/ Communication from the University of Guyana with at least five (5) years relevant experience.
C.C.A. Level II, with at least six (6) years’ relevant experience.
How to Apply
Application along with Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than November 03, 2021.