Supervisor – Meter Reading (Maximum Demand) – Customer Services Operations Department – Main Street
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the impending vacancy of Supervisors – Meter Reading (Maximum Demand) within the Customer Services Operations Department – MAIN STREET.
Under the general direction of the Customer Service Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for effectively supervise maximum demand meter reading activities across the country and coordinate field investigations for Customer Services and Customer Services Operations, report on findings and Unit’s performance.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Develop and implement monthly maximum demand (MD) meter reading schedule
- Coordinate and monitor maximum demand meter readings on a monthly basis.
- Schedule and download meter routes from MVRS software to Itron HH.
- Upload meter reading from Itron HH to MVRS Software.
- Investigate and resolve route/field related meter problems.
- Respond to customer inquiries and complaints regarding meter services and service status.
- Manage service order requests for New service, change of tenancy/tariff, etc field investigations.
- Plan and execute customer service information field surveys on behalf of the company.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports.
- Implement plans and schedules to meet departmental objectives/goals.
- Monitor staff attendance and evaluate performance.
- Prepare unit’s budget.
- Enforce disciplinary action against staff when necessary.
- Provide guidance to staff on safety rules and enforce compliance with Occupational Safety & Health procedures and regulations.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Knowledge of CIS functions
- Ability to interpret an analyze data
- Knowledge of other computer software associated with customer service information
- Working knowledge of the Standard Terms and Conditions of Electric Services, Electricity Sector Reform Act, GPL’s License
- Ability to supervise operation effectively
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to read all types of meters
- Ability to operate hand held device
- Ability to deal with all matters related to meter reading
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Business Management or Public Management or Accountancy/ Communication from the University of Guyana with at least three (3) years relevant experience at a supervisory level.
A.C.C.A Level 11, with at least three (3) years relevant experience at a supervisory level.
Ordinary Diploma in Commerce from Government Technical Institute along with five (5) subjects (C.S.E.C) including Mathematics, English A and Social Studies (Grades 1-3) with at least five (5) years’ relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, March 24, 2023.