Supervisor (Foreign Purchase)
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of Foreign Purchase Supervisor within Procurement Department, Main Street.
Under the direction of the Procurement Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for effectively and efficiently procuring foreign goods and services and verifying its delivery.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Comply with all relevant processes, laws and policies for the procurement of goods and services and recommend any improvement to all internally controlled procedures.
- Adhere to the Department and Tender Board’s regulations and procedures.
- Receive and check requisition items for quantity, specification and supplier, in-keeping with specifications.
- Issue requests and receive quotations from potential suppliers to compare prices and specification and offer recommendations to the appropriate personnel.
- Expedite all approved Purchase Orders and maintain a follow up system to ensure prompt delivery and payment at the right time.
- Monitor long term and short term contracts and update Procurement Officer/ Procurement Manager before contract expires, and of any breach(s).
- Receive bids and review quotations, then ensure evaluation of quotations were done in keeping with procedure then submit to Procurement Officer.
- Verify that all documents for Guyana Revenue Authority (GRA) are prepared, sign and then forward same to GRA promptly upon receipt.
- Prepare Foreign Status Report.
- Review and verify invoices for processing of payment to suppliers. If any discrepancy is identified, immediately communicate with supplier for clarification.
- Prepare statistical and other reports as requested by Procurement Officer or Procurement Manager.
- Orient, mentor, coach direct reports and where required take necessary steps to improve poor work performance.
- Prepare required Performance Plan.
- Inject all efforts to achieve Key Performance Indicators set out in your Performance Plan.
- Comply with all Occupational Safety and Health procedures and legislation.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Degree in Business/Public Management from the University of Guyana plus certificates in Computer Studies with three (3) years’ relevant experience.
Diploma in Public Management or Accountancy from University of Guyana or its’ equivalent from an Accredited Institution plus certificates in Computer Studies with at least five (5) years’ relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than April 08, 2020.