Supervisor – Fleet Maintenance Department – Kingston, Georgetown
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Supervisor – Fleet Maintenance Department – Kingston, Georgetown.
Under the general direction of the Engineer, the incumbent will be responsible for organizing, monitoring, and supervising the equipment shop operations within the Fleet Maintenance Department.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, review, and participate in the work of staff responsible for vehicle and equipment maintenance.
- Establish schedules and methods for providing vehicle and equipment maintenance services; identify resource needs; review needs with appropriate management staff; allocate resources accordingly.
- Participate in the development of goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures; make recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards, policies, and procedures; participate in the implementation of approved policies and procedures; monitor work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Participate in the selection of equipment maintenance staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures.
- Participate in the preparation and administration of the department budget; submit budget recommendations; monitor expenditures.
- Maintain vehicle and equipment maintenance records and repair costs; prepare charges for user Departments.
- Maintain records concerning operations and programs; prepare reports on operations and activities.
- Perform a variety of technical tasks relative to vehicle and equipment maintenance; coordinate the acquisition and dissemination of GPL Inc. vehicle fleet; and provides technical assistance to the Department Engineer & Manager.
- Ensure Fitness, Road Licence & Insurance are up to Date
- Monitor and control supplies and equipment; order parts, supplies and tools as necessary; prepare documents for vehicles and equipment procurement.
- Prepare specifications for tools, vehicle and equipment purchases.
- Perform the full range of equipment mechanic duties; the most complex vehicle maintenance duties; provide technical assistance to mechanics and training to equipment operators.
- Coordinate with contractors in providing contract services.
- Coordinate the sale of equipment and vehicles no longer used by the GPL Inc.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Ability to apply mechanical principles to practical situations using specialized and hand tools and techniques in effecting repairs to vehicles/equipment.
- Ability to perform in repetitive, concrete, organized activities such as test driving vehicles/equipment to determine operating efficiency.
- Familiar with application of all types of vehicles oils and lubricants.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and repair on engines and vehicles
- Demonstrate the ability to disassemble, overhaul and re-install engine components.
- Familiar with the requirements and needs for good preventative maintenance
- Ability to handle protective devices to meet system requirements.
Ability to handle protective devices to meet system requirements.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Guyana, City & Guilds, H.N.C. or T.D or O.T.D. with three (3) years relevant experience.
Technical Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from G.T.I. with four (4) years of relevant work experience, with at least one year in a lead capacity.
Salary commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Thursday, April 28, 2022.