Supervisor – Billing – Customer Services Operations Department – Main Street
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacancy of Supervisor – Billing – Customer Services Operations Department – Main Street.
Under the general direction of the Customer Service Officer, the incumbent will be responsible to provide support to the Customer Services Officer and contribute to the financial objectives of the company by effectively supervising bill-processing activities for maximum demand and non-maximum demand accounts through the provision of leadership and monitoring of staff performance to achieve performance targets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Ensure meter-reading books for cycles through each region are printed and delivered to the respective offices in a timely manner.
- Supervise the input and maintenance of creating meter reading routes and uploading and downloading of information from Meter Vending Reading System (MVRS)
- Identify, resolve and/or report device (Itron) malfunctioning
- Monitor and coordinate the necessary tasks to ensure the billing of maximum demand and non-maximum demand customers are completed accurately and in compliance with standard operating procedures, Standard Terms & Conditions (STC) and regulations set out in Electricity Sector Reform Act (ESRA).
- Review adjustments (debit/credit), approve and update adjustments to customer’s accounts
- Check and reconcile entries posted from CIS Consumer Ledger to Pre-paid Data Base
- Monitor the progress of service orders generated for investigations to resolve billing inquiries or anomalies identified in customer’s consumption or billing information.
- Authorize printing, folding and dispatching of bills to Post Office and E-Customers
- Train and develop staff to promote employee learning and growth
- Monitor staff attendance and, evaluate employee performance and provide feed-back to employee on performance
- Enforce disciplinary action when necessary
- Provide guidance to staff on safety rules and enforce compliance with Occupational Safety & Health procedures and regulations
- Prepare Reports
- Assist in the computation and compilation of department’s budget
- Develop, revise and implement procedures for improving the billing process within Customer Services Operations Department
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Knowledge of CIS functions
- Ability to interpret an analyze data
- Knowledge of other computer software associated with customer service information
- Working knowledge of the Standard Terms and Conditions of Electric Services, Electricity Sector Reform Act, GPL’s License
- Ability to supervise operation effectively
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to read all types of meters
- Ability to operate hand held device
- Ability to deal with all matters related to meter reading
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Business Management or Public Administration or Accountancy/ Communication from the University of Guyana with at least five (5) years relevant experience.
Five (5) subjects CSEC (Grades I – III) plus A.C.C.A Level 11, with a Certificate in Computer Studies, with at least six (6) years relevant experience at a supervisory level.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Senior Staff “7” emolument.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email email@example.com not later than Friday, September 16, 2022.