Supervisor – Anna Regina
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results-oriented professionals who are interested in joining our Team.
In this regard, the Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applicants with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the impending vacancy of Supervisor – within the Customer Services Department – ANNA REGINA, ESSEQUIBO COAST.
Under the general direction of the Customer Services Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the general administration of the department and delivery of a high-quality service and meet required targets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Implement measures set out by the Customer Service Officer to monitor all customer related activities in line with Performance Plan.
- Coordinate work activities with direct reports to meet desired targets and whenever required escalate all resource concerns to the Customer Service Officer.
- Evaluate the performance of direct reports in accordance with work plans, by conducting continuous assessment, giving required feedback and recommending training needs or disciplinary measures to improve performance.
- Meet with subordinates regularly to share achievement in relevant Performance areas.
- Monitor the activities of your direct reports for compliance with all Customer Service Procedures and policy of the Division and the Company.
- Comply with all Customer Service Procedures and Policies.
- Communicate with responsible personnel from other departments to follow up /follow through on all outstanding mattes before the established time and escalate same to Customer Service officer where necessary.
- Deal with complex issues that cannot be dealt with expeditiously by your direct reports.
- Request all necessary access/ resource that is necessary for your direct report to function in an effectively and efficiently.
- Compile and submit monthly performance reports on or before requested time to Customer Service Officer.
- Monitor cost within area of responsibility in line with approved budget.
- Enforce strict compliance with the requirements of the safety and health regulations and procedure and report any infraction/incident/ accident in relation to same promptly to Customer Service Officer or Occupation Safety and Health Officer.
- Monitor the depositing of daily revenue collection to designated bank and updating of cash batches and daily adjustment batches in a timely manner
- Create prepaid accounts and generate the relevant service orders to MIU in keeping with CSS.
- Verify documentation for service applications and approve payment agreements where necessary within set limits.
- Recheck committee report for Change of Tenancy
- Manage cashier manual receipt books
- Activate and edit accounts for New Service, Change of Tenancy, Meter Change, Tariff Change and Multiplier.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Knowledge of CIS and other computer software associated with customer service information system
- Knowledge of customer relations and complaint resolution techniques
- Knowledge of other computer software associated with customer service information
- Working knowledge of the Standard Terms and Conditions of Electric Services, Electricity Sector Reform Act, GPL’s License
- Ability to supervise manage staff in a people focused manner
- Ability to supervise operation effectively
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Reliable and possess ability to deliver high quality of service even under adverse conditions
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Business Management or Public Management or Accountancy/ Communication from the University of Guyana with at least three (3) years relevant experience at a supervisory level.
- C.C.A Level 11, with at least three (3) years relevant experience at a supervisory level
Salary Grade: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email email@example.com not later than Friday, March 24, 2023