Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacancy of Supervisor – within the Customer Services Division – BARTICA
Under the general direction of the Customer Services Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the general administration of the department and delivery of a high quality service and meeting required targets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Monitor the depositing of daily Revenue Collection to designated bank and updating of Cash Batches and Daily Adjustments Batches in a timely manner.
- Execute notice and collection processing for the collection of outstanding arrears in keeping with revenue collection procedure.
- Check and certify of Cash Journals, Cashier Statements, Cash Deposit Slips and Cash Clearing forms.
- Approve of New Service and COT application and generation of all required service orders to respective departments in keeping with departments’ standards and target.
- Prepare and submit monthly attendance report to the Customer Service Officer.
- Create and link all pre-paid accounts and the replenishing of pre-paid vending batches for Cashiers.
- Supervise and assist with the activation of all new service accounts, and the timely completion of maintenance for all Cot’s, Meter Chance, Final & Manual bill accounts for both pre-paid and postpaid accounts.
- Check and update all adjustments for billing, meter change, tampering and theft of electricity for both pre and postpaid accounts within approved limit.
- Coordinate work activities with subordinates to meet desired targets and whenever required escalate all staffing concerns to the Customer Service Officer.
- Evaluate the performance of subordinate staff in accordance with work plans, by conducting continuous assessment through coaching and monitoring of work performance and work ethics. While identifying steps to corrective action for poor work performance by recommending training needed at the same time to the Customer Service Officer.
- Meet with subordinates regularly to share achievement in key Performance Indicator areas and effectively disseminate information on customer related activities.
- Monitor the activities of all employees for compliance with the procedures and policy of the Company and the department.
- Communicate with responsible personnel from other departments to follow up / through on all outstanding mattes before the established time and escalate same to Customer Service officer where necessary.
- Deal with complex issues that cannot be dealt with expeditiously at the counter or via the telephone.
- Request access to the CIS and other customer related databases for subordinate staff.
- Monitor the use of all equipment (PCs, printers, telephones, etc.) In addition, promptly reporting any defective equipment and arrange for the proper service and maintenance of all equipment.
- Compile and submit monthly reports on performance on activities of Customer Services, Billing, Meter Reading and Revenue Management.
- Exercise effective discipline over subordinate staff in keeping with the Company’s Rules and Regulations.
- Budget and monitor cost within Unit/Section, while setting performance targets and ensure they are achieved,
- Enforce strict compliance with the requirements of the safety and health legislation, regulations and contractual obligations and promptly investigate and make recommendations through written reports with respect to infractions of Safety and Health regulations.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Knowledge of CIS and other computer software associated with customer service information system
- Knowledge of customer relations and complaint resolution techniques
- Knowledge of other computer software associated with customer service information
- Working knowledge of the Standard Terms and Conditions of Electric Services, Electricity Sector Reform Act, GPL’s License
- Ability to supervise and manage staff in a people-focused manner
- Ability to supervise operations effectively
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Reliable and possess the ability to deliver high-quality service even under adverse conditions
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Business Management or Public Administration or Accountancy/ Communication from the University of Guyana with at least five (5) years relevant experience.
- Five (5) subjects CSEC (Grades I – III) plus A.C.C.A Level 11, with a Certificate in Computer Studies, with at least six (6) years relevant experience at a supervisory level
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown or at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 05, 2024.