Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results-oriented professionals who are interested in joining our Team. In this regard, the Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applicants with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Stores Assistants, which exists within the Inventory Department – Canefield – Berbice, Sophia – Georgetown and Garden of Eden- East Bank Demerara.
Under the general direction of the Inventory Management Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Stores and for ensuring the safekeeping of all materials held in the stores.
- Ensure that Material Requisition and Return Notes are properly completed and signed.
- Deliver materials requisitioned on Requisition Notes and receive material on Return notes.
- Prepare copies of materials requisition and return notes for dispatch and storage.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by a duly authorized Officer.
- Must be Self Motivated
- Good communication skills (oral & written)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Should possess strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Three (3) subjects C.S.E.C including English Language and Mathematics including English Language with Grades (I-III) with one (1) year relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown or at email@example.com not later than October 11, 2023