Shift Foreman – Diesel Generation Department – Anna Regina, Essequibo
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Shift Foreman – Diesel Generation Department – Anna Regina, Essequibo.
Under the general direction of the Diesel Generation Engineer, the incumbent will be responsible for all operating aspects of the engines and auxiliaries and switchgear coming on or off line.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Enforce strict compliance with the requirements of the safety and health legislation, regulations, investigate, and make recommendations through written reports with respect to infractions of Safety and Health regulations in keeping with contractual obligations.
- Process Heavy fuel and pre-heating network from storage tanks to transfer pump units, balance tanks, clarifier and purifier, day tank, ring main, bus rail modules.
- Responsible to carry out ground level tasks of switching operations (circuit breakers, Disconnects etc.) for the 69KV substation under the direction of the System Control Engineer,
- Responsible to ensure the clarifier and purifier are clean and restore to operational condition. Ensure that the processed heavy fuel oil is at the stipulated pressure, temperature and viscosity to engine inlet rails.
- Conduct change over procedures from HFO to LFO and flushing/purging the HFO systems for planned stoppages and emergency.
- Carry out safe turbines and compressors washing activities.
- Responsible for the engines to generate at the desired output capacity grooving HFO operations.
- Responsible for starting up; synchronizing, monitoring and shutting down of generating units are carried out to the standard operating practices. The (SOP) refers but not limited to pre-start check sheets, engine and system log sheets and log books.
- Run regular checks on engines and auxiliaries to ensure safe operating parameters. Prepare and submit generating statistics, for fuel, lube oil, energy and operating hours of engines. Examine statistics and compare with performance targets. Report any unusual trend.
- Responsible for the authorizing the safe release of equipment that require any form of maintenance, and ensure that the equipment is safe for its return to service.
- Responsible for internal transfer of fuel, and lube oil and that same are carried out in accordance with standard operating practices.
- Logs all customer complaints received and forward to T & D as required.
- Carry out simple maintenance tasks to engine and auxiliaries that can sustain plant availability.
- Responsible for operating, the incinerator, oily water separator and water treatment unit accordance with standard operating practices.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
|Ability to understand operational plant equipment.|
|Ability to detect malfunction in plant equipment|
|Knowledge of methods and techniques governing operations.|
|Ability to prepare report and maintain records.|
|Skill in the use and care of tools and equipment for generation operations|
|Sound knowledge and understanding diesel generating engines.|
|Ability to perform maintenance on oil and fuel systems.|
|Understand voltage and frequency factors|
|Understand basic principles of electricity.|
|Make use of fire extinguisher, firefighting equipment and to effectively deploy such equipment should a fire threat exist|
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering from the University of Guyana, with five (5) years relevant experience.
Technician Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Certificate in City & Guilds, H.N.C. or H.T.D or O.T.D. with seven (7) years relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Wednesday, September 28, 2022.