Senior Telephone System Operator
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the impending vacancy of Senior Telephone System Operator – within Customer Service Centre Department – Main Street.
Under the general direction of the Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for leading their team in quality Customer Service interactions in all Call Centre Activities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Communicate faults, emergencies and important messages made by G.P.L personnel and members of the public to the Emergency Crews in the relevant area.
- Ensure that all fault reports that are made by consumers are documented on the Call Center Data Base and dispatch them promptly.
- Monitor activities relating to calls and efficiently manage outgoing calls, so as to prevent abuse of the telephone lines and calls going abandoned and that Customer Services’ targets are achieved.
- Ensure that Telephone System Operators answer all telephone calls in accordance with the telephone answering procedures.
- Follow up and follow through with Emergency Crews and customers on Emergency Calls and the completion of queries, respectively.
- Respond to customers as it relates to the categories of billing inquiries, general inquiries other sit visits, disconnection, reconnections and any other information the customer might need to know in relation to their account and ensure all queries are recorded in the customer account in Customer Information System (CIS) notes and application of service.
- Report all queries in a timely manner (within the performance time line) to the supervisors and follow up to ensure completion within the Customer Service Standards.
- Apprise customer on query status, customers whose queries have not been completed on the first call, after completion.
- Assist customers with any prepaid inquiry and generate arrears token in cases of emergency only: after alerting customers that the token generated will put a block from future purchases on their account.
- Ensure surveys on their shift are coordinated with team members and monitor survey calls.
- Hand over any pending matters to the Senior Telephone System Operator on the following shift.
- Submit end of shift report.
- Run service order reports to ensure all straight feeds/bypassed by the Emergency Crews are in conformity with the process.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Five (5) subjects C.S.E.C including Mathematics and English Language (Grades I-III) along with Certificate in Computer Studies with five (5) years relevant experience.
Notable Benefits for Our Valued Employees
- GPL offers an attractive remuneration and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional/personal development at the tertiary level and career growth.
- Incentive Scheme
Must be able to give attention to detail
- Prioritization and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and Customer Oriented Skills
- Communication effectively (Orally and Written)
- Flexible and able to work in team
- Ability to work beyond the normal work hours
- High level of organizational skills
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than April 01, 2019.