SENIOR QUALITY AUDITOR
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Senior Quality Auditor within Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental Management Division – Carmichael Street.
Under the general direction of the Quality Control Coordinator monitoring all aspects of the QMS certification. In addition, inspect the products or services created or delivered by GPL and Contractors to ensure they meet all organizations’ requirements and ISO Standards.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Assist in the development and implementation of the quality control audit plans.
- Assigning team members to conduct quality audits and overseeing their work.
- Conduct follow up audits/checks to monitor non-conformities and ensure other actions are completed.
- Support every aspect of internal quality audit and system programs from audit planning, implementation, feedback and re-audit as required.
- Assist with ensuring all logistics for conducting audits are arranged with the relevant Departments.
- Prepare full reports from audit/non-audit activities and circulate them to Quality Control Officer for review and verification.
- Follow-up with Departmental Heads on risks and Opportunities, corrective action(s)/non-conformances and or continuous improvements. This will include but is not limited to conducting on-site verification visits to assess the effectiveness of the implemented corrective action(s).
- Coordinate training workshops and/or coaching for Internal Quality Auditors.
- Assist in the preparation of Analysis of Audit findings to determine trends, etc.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
- Ability to work as a team and establish good working relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001
- Knowledge of ISO Audit Procedures
- The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and balance competing priorities
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Business Management or Public Administration or Accountancy from the University of Guyana or an accredited institution with at least five (5) years relevant experience.
Five (5) subjects CSEC (Grades I – III) plus A.C.C.A Level 11, with at least six (6) years relevant experience at a supervisory level/Quality Management Systems.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Thursday, September 23, 2021.