Senior Projects Officer – Projects Management Department – Middle Street
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Senior Projects Officer – Projects Management Department – Middle Street, Georgetown.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Program Manager for the execution of all administrative and technical functions aligned with the position as it relates to specific projects being executed by the department.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Develop and manage the company’s Renewable Energy portfolio.
- Continuously monitor and review the achievements/performance of the Project Officers against monthly and quarterly goals. Identification of risks and taking appropriate actions to mitigate risks.
- Conduct monthly site visits of projects being executed.
- Supervise the performance of subordinate staff and take appropriate actions that embrace and enhance continuous improvement of staff.
- Approving all designs for additions to GPL’s Power System.
- Preparing specifications and contract documents for tender invitations.
- Monitoring all activities leading to the successful completion of capital projects. Ensuring that works are executed in keeping with technical specifications.
- Advising the Program Manager on improved techniques, programmes and technical standards pertinent to all technical works on projects.
- Liaising with the Program Manager and Consulting Engineers on all technical aspects of projects undertaken.
- Representing the Program Manager at formal meetings when necessary.
- Implementing GPL’s grid code in all project related activities undertaken by the department.
- Preparing departmental status reports of all Projects undertaken by the department.
- Assisting in the preparation of annual operational and capital budgets and monitor expenditure to ensure conformity with budget guidelines.
- Drive the company’s vehicles as required (provided being a licensed driver).
- Enforcing strict compliance of safety and health legislation, regulations and contractual obligations.
- Promptly investigate and make recommendations through written reports with respect to infractions of Safety and Health regulations.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Use of Microsoft Projects and Auto CAD
- Knowledge and ability to perform project works
- Knowledge of design techniques and principles
- Be conversant with relevant law, and regulations of Guyana and GPL policies and rules
- Be conversant with the Safety Act and GPL Safety Handbook
- Conversant with ISO 9001 Quality Management System
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizing skills
Required Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering from the University of Guyana or its equivalent from an accredited institution with five (5) years relevant experience, two (2) of which must be at a Managerial level in a Utility company.
REWARD: Commensurate with Junior Management “A” emolument.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Monday, August 29, 2022.